Old 05-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Stunted, yellowish veggies

Steve said:

1. Did you happen to put a bunch of leaves in the garden last fall
and till them in?
2. Are you using fertilizer? What kind? Did you put it over the
entire garden?

And I would add:

3. Does the garden slope in any particular direction (say, from north
to south)?

4. Has the garden received regular applications of compost? Home made
or brought in?

midocr wrote:
Been lurking here for several years, absorbing and learning all I can
about gardening. Great group with lots of good info. I've always tried
to keep my gardens simple and easy to manage.

Here's my problem. For the second year now, about 2/3 of my garden
appears stunted and has a yellowish color to the plants, mostly
tomatoes, peppers and a few herbs. My veggie garden is small, only
about 25' X 25'. I border the whole thing with marigolds. The
marigolds on the south end are 3 times the size of the ones on the north
end. The entire garden gets equal sun exposure. I've had this garden
for about 10 years and only in the last 2 years has this problem showed
up. Just seems strange that only part of the garden is affected.

Any idea what I should look for or do? Thanks!

(attributed to Don Marti)