Old 05-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Dick

Default Staghorn and Florida Flag Fish

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:13:36 GMT, Rikko wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:00:29 -0400, "RedForeman ©®"
wrote:

I just noticed a single branch of staghorn.... yes I pulled it but am
worried it'll show up again. There's also some hair here and there, and some
amano shrimp were said to deal with that. Both will be on order, but I'm
curious to know if anyone here's had good results from FFF and Amano
shrimp....??

I've read oodles of testimonials that FFF are the best algae eaters in
the world. I took a few home but couldn't really tell you how they're
doing because my tank has since turned pure green. I've decided to
find it quaint since there's not much to be done about it.

Err.. Speaking of which, has anyone used the Terrapur fert cones and
found their algae picked up?

I am glad to find out that the FFF and the American Flag fish are the
same fish. I have read about this fish in the past and want to buy
some one day.

Curious, "tank has ...turned pure green." The water, the plants, or
the glass? How much light, what size tank, how many hours and are you
overfeeding? I get a lot of brown algae on one of my 10 gallon tanks.
I keep the front and sides clean by wiping or scraping, but the back
is harder to clean, so I don't. Mostly I have to clean small dots of
green off the tanks glass. So your description doesn't fit any of my
experience.

Good luck. I too look forward to some testimonials about the FFF/AFF.