Old 05-06-2004, 04:15 PM
martin

Default Chafer Beetle

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 14:50:50 +0000 (UTC), "ian"
wrote:

In the area of South Liverpool where we live, the Chafer beetle seems to
have taken a foothold. Many gardens are infested with consequential lawn
damage. I had hoped we were being lucky, but recently our lawns have shown
signs of distress and we have seen the beetles on both front and back lawns
(no signs of the grub, just the beetles). We have a reasonably sized rear
garden making a thorough inspection difficult.

The company we use for lawn feeds and weed killing cannot offer a solution,
saying that all the previously used chemicals have been banned.

Can anyone please suggest a course of action?

http://www.angliangardener.co.uk/gre...tle_larvae.htm