Old 05-06-2004, 07:04 PM

Default what kind of grass have we here?

In article , Anne Lurie wrote:
I don't know what kind of grass this is, but I think that you can't control
it with any standard "weed & feed" -- so you might want to think about
using Roundup or something else on it, if you can target it accurately.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"ncstockguy" wrote in message
om...
Would appreciate input from you grass experts. This is a bluish-green
grass coming up in bare spots in the mostly fescue lawn. There is
some bermuda in places, but I am not sure this is bermuda. Don't seem
to be any runners in these patches. photo is here

http://www.farmphoto.com/photography...+kind+of+grass
%3F

Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like crabgrass which does
like to come up in bare spots. You can get a spray for crabgrass that
does not affect fescue. Here is a URL of lots of types of weed grasses.

If it is crabgrass you should see some runners but the fescue may be
inhititing it.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/weeds_common.html

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.