Old 05-06-2004, 08:04 PM
NetMax

Default Fish recommendation

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Hi. I'm looking for recommendations for a few small fish for the
following tank. It's a 20g long with an eclipse hood, heavily planted
with fluorite substrate. It currently houses lots of amano and cherry
shrimp, zillions of MTS and a couple of small Botia kubotai (I think
they're still there, haven't seen them in a while).

Clown loaches? They names are all changing *again*.
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.u...m.php?news=310

I've had really bad luck with Melanotaenia praecox in that tank, all

the
rainbows in my other tank thrive, but they just go belly up in this

one.
I was thinking of tetras, but I'm not sure if they'd be ok with the
turbulence that the eclipse hood generates. The hood fits a 30g tank

and
it has a pump to match, so it's a bit overpowered for a 20g long. Shimp
seem the like the current though... taking trips around the tank like

in
a roller-coaster.
Any advise would be most appreciated. Colorful fish would be a plus.
Nothing that would eat my shrimp of course.

I'd of thought that your vegetation would have dispersed the turbulence a
lot. Have you ever had Killifish? There are lots of very colourful
characters there. Not as colourful but having lots of animation are the
featherfin rainbows (Werneri?). Silvertip tetras would be ok in stronger
currents. Many gouramis would work well in there, Croaking, Dwarf,
Licorice, Dwarf, but colouration varies (by species, sex and condition).
Serpae tetras are also quite animated and contrast planted tanks nicely
(as do Cardinals & Neons). I recently aquired some dwarf ID sharks.
This might be an interesting 20g long fish. I don't see any of these
going after your shrimps. Then there are the Apistos, very entertaining,
Agassizi, Cacatoides, Rams etc. There is just too many choices ;~)
--
www.NetMax.tk

--
Victor Martinez