Old 05-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Steve

Default Stunted, yellowish veggies

Assuming the weed preventer is safe to use on vegetables (and I
really assume it is), the only thing that I can think of real quick
is that the plants are starved for nitrogen. If you plan to use
Miracle Grow anyway, use it now on about half the yellow plants.
Wait a week or so before you do the others. It should be obvious
very soon if they were simply starving.

Steve

midocr wrote:

I brought in a pickup truck load of what appeared to be real good
compost from our township compost facility about 4 years ago and spread
it over the entire garden and tilled it in. The township collects grass
clippings, leaves in the fall, and shreds tree branches all year.
Composts it all through the winter and offers it back free to residents.
Everything did great the next couple of years. I don't make enough of
my own compost for the veggie garden, just my smaller flower beds. I
use Miracle Grow fertilizer but have not applied any yet this year. I
started out with Miracle Grow weed preventer with fertilizer this year
but did not use it last year and had the same problem. The garden is
flat with no slope.