Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Eric Hunt

Default Brachionidium species ID?

Hi everyone,

I've been trying, in vain, to identify this cute cute little Brachionidium
species I photographed in the Podocarpus National Park, Ecuador. There were
hundreds of these plants growing on the embankment of the path within 10
meters of the entrance to the park.

The flower:

http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...b/image012.htm

I checked out Luer's green book on Brachionidium from my orchid society
library and with the poor (for diagnostic purposes) photograph I have, the
closest match I could find was Brachionidium dodsonii.

If anyone else out there has any insight into Brachionidiums, I'd love to
hear from you! Go to my website for my email address to directly reply, or
just reply here.

Thanks,

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org