Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Ray

Default How to Hang Shade Cloth???

It's is usually better to provide an air space between the cloth and the greenhouse cover to allow
the dissipation of the heat that builds up. That can be done by placing pvc pipe (or some other
rod) at the roof-wall joins and at the peak, suspended about 6" or more above the glazing.

However, if you're looking at Aluminet, the heat buildup is supposed to be far less of an issue, so
may not need the spacing.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Lori Siegmund" wrote in message
om...
Hi Everyone,

I am putting the finishing touches on my gh before moving my orchids
in to it. Shade Cloth.... what to do????

1. Is it best to suspend the cloth so that it does not lay
directly on the polycarbonate panels?

2. If so, can I get some ideas from some of you on how you
achieved this?

My gh is 15' X 16'. It has roof vents on each side (2' x 8') and they
are opened by solar-powered vent openers that lift them a maximum of
12" high. It also has side vents on each side (same dimensions as roof
vents).

I am probably going to go with Aluminet shade cloth. 50 or 60%
shading. Any one with experience with this type? Or, alternatively
using white shade cloth.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Lori

Aptos, CA (SF Bay Area)