Old 05-06-2004, 11:22 PM
NetMax

Default Fish recommendation

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
NetMax wrote:
Clown loaches? They names are all changing *again*.

No, Botia kubotai is the "new" name given to the commonly named
angelicus or burmese loach:
http://www.loaches.com/species_pages...p_myanmar.html

I'd of thought that your vegetation would have dispersed the

turbulence a
lot.

The problem is the surface. I don't have any floating plants because

the
hood only has about 28W worth of power.

Have you ever had Killifish? There are lots of very colourful
characters there. Not as colourful but having lots of animation are

the

I haven't had those, I'll check them out.

featherfin rainbows (Werneri?). Silvertip tetras would be ok in

stronger

According to my LFS, featherfin are hard to keep in our water, I

haven't
had luck with them either.

Serpae tetras are also quite animated and contrast planted tanks

nicely
(as do Cardinals & Neons). I recently aquired some dwarf ID sharks.

Hmmm... I do like cardinal tetras, how big do the dwarf ID sharks get?

This might be an interesting 20g long fish. I don't see any of these
going after your shrimps. Then there are the Apistos, very

entertaining,
Agassizi, Cacatoides, Rams etc. There is just too many choices ;~)

Ok, now I have to go do some more homework before making a decision.

Thanks!

--
Victor Martinez

On featherfins, I understand that they are hardwater fish, but in my
shop, circumstances have placed them in both hardwater and in very soft
acidic water with my Chocolate gouramis. Very limited observations, but
I haven't noticed any significant difference in development.

On dwarf ID sharks, I itching to find out but I don't even have a
sci.name for them.
--
www.NetMax.tk