Old 05-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Red spiders?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 01:01:39 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

These Red Mites are in fact a predator of red spider so are beneficial.

Now that I didn't know. Do you know any more about thrombidium mites?
I can't find anything on google except a couple of previous gardening
threads on this same topic. Occasionally I see a really big one. Are
they pregnant females about to lay eggs or give birth? Would it be
worth capturing one to introduce into my conservatory, as I'm slowly
losing my battle with RSM (frequent water spray and selective
application of detergent spray). I've no great wish to buy the
recognised predator of RSM (Phytoseiulus persimilis) until I'm
desperate!

--
Chris