Old 06-06-2004, 01:07 AM
MC

Default Two-stoke mower maintenance

Thanks for your advice Andrew and Len! I will try your suggestions,
especially cleaning of the filter and maybe a new plug!

I'm also going to mix myself up a batch of "White Oil" from the recipe on
your site Len - for the citrus leaf-miner on my new Lime, Lemon and Orange
trees! The little buggers are right into them and I'm wanting to stay as
organic as possible!

Cheers,
Mick

"len gardener" wrote in message
news
g'day mick,

25:1 mix is the correct mix for it that ='s 40mil's of oil per 1litre
of petrol. make sure you are uisng only 2 stroke mower oil and not
maybe outboard oil. also check the filter maybe it needs cleaning or
replacing sounds like there is some restriction to air flow, could
also be a clogged up muffler and or exhaust port. outside of that you
may have to take it in for a mechanic to look ata new plug can do
wonders at times.

len

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:01:16 +1000, "MC" none wrote:

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the
environment