Old 06-06-2004, 06:04 AM
ben boorman

Default Are we offline these days?

different ben. Have been considering don Juan, but no room.

ben

Shiva wrote:
ben boorman wrote:

Is anyone home?

It is cool and dry in NC this weekend, whereas
it was humid and in the 90s last month. Many of us
are in our gardens.

Since you are lonely, why don't you tell me why
you hacked your Don Juan to bits when you know
very well not to hard prune climbers? How is
it doing? This is one of my favorite roses, and
to tell you the truth, it was your post about
hacking it back that gave my last reply to your
inaccurate comment re gray water its edge. I mean,
honestly. You knew better than to hard prune it,
didn't you?

My Don Juan, in the ground for three years,
is 10 feet by 10 feet, mounded on itself over
a chain link fence. It's a fabulous, vigorous
rose.