Old 08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Bill

Default Dere fellow ronket scientists

I have a GOB of garlic in my garden that is just starting to make the curly
little thingy at the top.

WAAAAY too much for eating fresh.

Does anyone know how to dry them into garlic flakes / make garlic powder? I
estimate that I have well over 100 pounds of garlic out there and I can't
possibly replant it all (no space) or eat it all (I work around other
humans) or even sell it all (I refuse to let gourment garlic go for Calif.
white prices ... and my neighbors probably aren't willing to pay gourmet
prices for organic, boutique, garlic) before it starts to re-sprout or
otherwise go to waste.

I have a hunch that making flakes involves peeling and dicing fresh garlic
and then drying it on pastry parchment and that powder simply means passing
the dried flakes through the blender. But I want to hear from those who
have done this and reap the benefit of their experience if I can.

Does anyone know if there is a market for gourmet garlic prepared this way?

Sign me,
"Too much garlic and trying to make a buck here Bill"