Old 08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
aj

Default Dere fellow ronket scientists

Hello
I bought some garlic from a Greek couple. I suppose I would call them
pickled (the garlic, not the Greek couple). The cloves were left
whole, uncooked, and I think they were in a mixture of vinegar, lemon
juice and a few chillies. They keep for ages, and I reckon they taste
better than the dried garlic.

They had them in a big tub, and spooned out what I wanted, but you
could put them into jars. Might sell better than powder. They're
good whole, with salad, hummus etc. I've also sliced them for pasta
sauce. Lovely.

(I've also had pickled, smoked garlic. That was great, but of course,
you would need access to a smoker.)

Just an Idea
AJ, England.