Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
simy1

Default Dere fellow ronket scientists

Bill wrote in message .. .
simy1 wrote:

Bill wrote in message
I have a GOB of garlic in my garden that is just starting to make the
curly little thingy at the top.

for personal consumption, you can freeze the scapes and eat them
throughout the year.

Thanks ... that's useful information for a guy who has never eaten them
before and now is facing the probability of having a LOT of them to
eat! :-)

You are welcome. I did understand you have more than you can possibly
eat in one year, but they are good so why waste them. And dried is
never as good as fresh-frozen, specially for scapes. They are best
minced in the blender with olive oil and used instead of butter on
potatoes, bt they will go well (also minced) in most stews, soups, or
meat marinades. They are good on good bread and goat cheese, they are
good in summer tomato chowders, they are good for sauteeing fish, they
are good for sauteeing mushrooms... need I continue?