Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Enuf

Default Apple Tree Spray?

zxcvbob wrote in message ...
Dave wrote:

I need to learn something about fruit tree care. My particular problem
is apple trees. They have this condition;

http://home.att.net/~galt_57/appleleaf.jpg

Is there perhaps a good online source of info for this sort of thing?
Thanks.

Looks to me like "apple-cedar rust" or "cedar-hawthorn rust" or
something else *very* similar. You need to spray with a general purpose
fungicide, and perhaps destroy any nearly juniper trees or bushes.

Bob

The number one rule for planting fruit trees is not to plant apple
trees within several hundred yards of cedar or juniper trees. The
orange rust from these trees spreads to apple trees like a magnet to
steel.