Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Dave

Default Apple Tree Spray?

I need to learn something about fruit tree care. My particular problem
is apple trees. They have this condition;

http://home.att.net/~galt_57/appleleaf.jpg

Is there perhaps a good online source of info for this sort of thing?
Thanks.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
zxcvbob

Dave wrote:

I need to learn something about fruit tree care. My particular problem
is apple trees. They have this condition;

http://home.att.net/~galt_57/appleleaf.jpg

Is there perhaps a good online source of info for this sort of thing?
Thanks.

Looks to me like "apple-cedar rust" or "cedar-hawthorn rust" or
something else *very* similar. You need to spray with a general purpose
fungicide, and perhaps destroy any nearly juniper trees or bushes.

Bob
Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Enuf

zxcvbob wrote in message ...
Dave wrote:

I need to learn something about fruit tree care. My particular problem
is apple trees. They have this condition;

http://home.att.net/~galt_57/appleleaf.jpg

Is there perhaps a good online source of info for this sort of thing?
Thanks.

Looks to me like "apple-cedar rust" or "cedar-hawthorn rust" or
something else *very* similar. You need to spray with a general purpose
fungicide, and perhaps destroy any nearly juniper trees or bushes.

Bob

The number one rule for planting fruit trees is not to plant apple
trees within several hundred yards of cedar or juniper trees. The
orange rust from these trees spreads to apple trees like a magnet to
steel.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Steve

Enuf wrote:

The number one rule for planting fruit trees is not to plant apple
trees within several hundred yards of cedar or juniper trees.

Juniper and red cedar. For those of us who live where there are
white cedars, there is no problem.

Steve

Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Dave

(Enuf) wrote in message . com...
zxcvbob wrote in message ...
Dave wrote:

I need to learn something about fruit tree care. My particular
problem is apple trees. They have this condition;

http://home.att.net/~galt_57/appleleaf.jpg

Is there perhaps a good online source of info for this sort of thing?
Thanks.

Looks to me like "apple-cedar rust" or "cedar-hawthorn rust" or
something else *very* similar. You need to spray with a general
purpose fungicide, and perhaps destroy any nearly juniper trees or
bushes.

Bob

The number one rule for planting fruit trees is not to plant apple
trees within several hundred yards of cedar or juniper trees. The
orange rust from these trees spreads to apple trees like a magnet to
steel.

Oh my. I have not surveyed the area but "hundreds of yards" is a large
area and I can think of at least one large cedar in a neighbor's yard
within that range.