Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Danny Byrne

Default teeny-tiny grasshoppers...

Brigitte

Maybe you could try spraying late afternoon or early morning with double
strength garlic and or pepper spray...they don't like that ....Or I use the
two finger method if I can catch them...and squash and most times the birds
in my garden get a free meal...

Another tactic is growing a distractor crop nearby which they can devour
while your veges grow safely...

And if you have trouble with white butterfly on your brassicas, I find the
best organic cure is 1 tablespoon of molasses to 1 litre of water and spray
weekly...they hate that and the molasses is good for your soil...

Hope this helps...

Danny

"Brigitte J." wrote in message
I have these tiny little grasshoppers hanging around in my garden. They
seem to be concentrated in the area where I have my cabbage, cauliflower

and
brussel sprouts growing.

Anyone know what these are? What can I do to get rid of them? I think

they
are eating the leaves on the above-mentioned plants. There are holes in

all
the leaves. My bean plants also have lots of holes in their leaves.

Any advice is appreciated.

BTW, I'm in zone 5 - southeast Nebraska

Thanks,
Brigitte