Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Are we offline these days?

I'm here -- and so are the Japanese beetles, sigh.

The good news is that we finally had some rain here (2" last Sunday and
another 2" on Friday) -- I was getting really tired of seeing how much
"official" rain was measured at the Raleigh-Durham airport, grrr! (They
would show 1.5" when I had .10 -- not to mention that my soil is entirely
sand!)

BTW, when I deadheaded the roses are week or so ago, some flowers had
actually dried up before they even fully opened (and the buds had a nasty,
brownish tinge on the outside) -- I assume that this is insect damage of
some sort? (from the inside)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"ben boorman" wrote in message