Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Shiva

Default Are we offline these days?

dave weil wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 02:31:50 GMT, in rec.gardens.roses you wrote:

for some reason, I don't have a lot of blooms at the moment.

My garden is largely between bloom cycles. Plus, it has been
really hot, except for a brief reprieve over the weekend.
Has it been hot there over the past two weeks? Heat makes
lots of my blooms shrink and disappear.

The bad news for me is that we had a storm last week and my dead maple
tree with the Cecile Brunner blew over. One piece of good luck though.
It fell the right way for the rose to suffer minimum damage. Had it
fallen the other way, it would have snapped and crushed the main
canes. Now, instead of an upright rose, I'm going to have a pretty
impressive large bush.

The hazards of keeping a dead tree around. I have two that need taking
down. Glad the rose is okay.

Here are the photos.

Cecile looks great. And that cat! He doesn't feel happy and
safe--much--does he?