Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 PM
wendy7

Default How to Hang Shade Cloth???

Hi Lori, I have my shade cloth structure set up like this but it covers my
entire back
yard.
Just remember to check the suns direction as the shade from the shade
cloth
doesn't always cover the area that you have the structure.???
Hope this makes sense?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Lori Siegmund wrote:
Tom, Ray, Doug,

Thank you for your input. Sounds like I am envisioning the same thing
as all of you have described.

An alternative that was proposed to me by a contractor friend was
something like this:

__________
| /\ |
| / \ |
| / \ |
| | | |
| | | |
_____|_|____|_|________

The inner lines of this crude diagram is the gh. Bottom line is the
ground. The two lines parallel the the sides of the greenhouse are
metal poles (think flagpoles).There would be four metal poles (one
cemented in to the ground in each corner of the gh. The height of the
poles would be one foot above the roof peak of the gh. There would be
metal cable connected between each of the poles at the top. The each
side of the shade cloth would be attached a line of cable.

If you were looking down from a very tall tree, the shade cloth would
hang flat; suspended over the gh like this:
___________
| |
| |
| |
| |
|_________|

Essentially, this is constructing a shade structure around the gh. I
suppose I could then hang panels to shade the sides of the gh from the
same cable that is
helping to suspend each side of the top panel above the gh.

Have any of you seen this done? It sound extravagant and more
expensive to do than the other options presented by this forum.

Also, Tom (from Walnut Creek, CA) do you leave your shade cloth in
place all year around? What type of gh do you maintain (cool,
intermediate, warm) and what type of orchids are you growing?

Thanks!
Lori Siegmund

tbell wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:40:00 -0700, Lori Siegmund wrote
(in article ) :

Hi Everyone,

I am putting the finishing touches on my gh before moving my orchids
in to it. Shade Cloth.... what to do????

1. Is it best to suspend the cloth so that it does not lay
directly on the polycarbonate panels?

2. If so, can I get some ideas from some of you on how you
achieved this?

Lori, I've lifted the shadecloth off the polycarbonate with a rig
made from 3/4" PVC pipe and couplings, interrupting the pipe every
4' with a supportive foot.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX