Old 08-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Acer mould!! Help!

I have just noticed that some of my acers have a light white/grey
mould in dots on some of the leaves. any ideas on which fungicide or
bacterialcide I could use to get rid of this mould?

Doesn't sound like bacteria, so scratch that off the list. Are you sure it isn't a mineral deposit? Even highly trained plant pathologists can mistake a crysalline mineral deposit for powdery mildew. Examine with a handlens; if that doesn't clarify thi
ngs, wet with water and rub gently; if the spot returns in a day, it's not a mineral deposit.

And if it's not a mineral deposit, you need to find out what it is, and THEN figure out what treatment to use. If it's powdery mildew, better air circulation may be the solution.

---
Nina Shishkoff, highly trained plant pathologist.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++