Old 09-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Dwayne

Default Avoiding Last Year's Blueberry Blunder

I ordered and planted 6 blueberry plants a little over a year ago. The two
most important things you need to consider is that the drainage must be very
good, and the pH should be between 5 and 6 (even a little lower probably
wouldnt hurt). The company I ordered from in Arkansas recomment peat moss
for the pH and drainage.

I havent used the recipe you included, but if it will provide you with what
they need, try it.

Dwayne

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
"Dwayne" wrote in message

You can make a good soil by mixing 1/4 peat moss, 1/2 dirt, and 1/4

compost
to begin with. I also like to add a little sand to help with drainage.

Then
add the azelea food. I have used coffee grounds, but I made sure they

were
dry before putting them on anything. Other wise they are quick to mold.
When they are dry, sprinkle them on loosely, or they will still mold.

They
need plenty of water, every other day during dry weather, but dont want
their feet wet. Good luck, Dwayne

Someone suggested I use the following formula for the potting mix:

. 2 parts "commercial soil amendment with moistening agent added"
. 1 part Perlite
. 1 part Vermiculite
. 1 part sand

Does that sound like a good recipe for healthy blueberries?