Old 08-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Water level down each day unless I run the fountain and other newbie ??

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
It has now been almost a week since I started running the pump all the
time and the water level has not gone down since that time.

snip

I am baffled by this. You have a 60 gallon pond with a submersible pump that
squirts water in the air. If you leave it running, the pond is fine. If you
shut it off the pond loses 5+ gallons a night.

If you leave it off, does the water continually drain or does it always stop
at 5 or so gallons? In other words, will the pond drain completely with the
pump off or just to a certain level?

With the pump off does the water level rise at all, immediately? IE, is some
of the pond volume always within the plumbing?

Do you have terrestrial plants wicking water from the pond? I had turf grass
growing into my pond, it was removing A LOT of water.

BV.