Old 09-06-2004, 05:10 AM
madgardener

Default hydrangeas???

cow manure put into the middle of the bush. I go cow pie picking every year
in the pasture next door and pick the ones that are dried up and easily
lifted with a garden fork, so in your case, composted cow manure, something
like Black Kow they sell at Lowes or Depot. Fresh might burn it. If you
have access to real finished compost, top dress it with that. My oak leaf
blooms every year and I think it's because it's fed regularly, but where
they're a wild shrub in Georgia, they happily live in woods, so leaf litter
and composted leaves and humus is another must for them.
madgardener East Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 who has planted two young
Oakleaf hydrangea's butt to butt for a fuller shrub.
"Judy Cosler" wrote in message
My oakleaf hydrangea, which had numerous huge blooms last year, has
only a couple of puny blossoms this year. what fertilizer should i
use? zone 7

((.)) '))
((((((((
))(/)((