Old 09-06-2004, 05:14 AM
Phisherman

Default hydrangeas???

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 09:45:32 -0400, Judy Cosler
wrote:

My oakleaf hydrangea, which had numerous huge blooms last year, has
only a couple of puny blossoms this year. what fertilizer should i
use? zone 7

((.)) '))
((((((((
))(/)((

Hi Judy, My hydrangea bloomed for the first time this year! I'm in
zone 7. I fertilized mine with Miracle Grow, fish emulsion, and
compost. It took it 5 years before it finally bloomed and the
clusters are over 8" across! Last year it put out a lot of leaves (no
blooms). A praying mantis was frequently seen standing tall on the
topmost leaf. I buried the hydrangea in leaves to keep it from dying
back as in previous years--maybe that's what did the trick.