Old 09-06-2004, 07:02 AM
heppiechik

Default dog wee killing my lawn

"Amy D" wrote in message

Biller wrote:

help - I have an 8 month neutered labrador X bitch. My lawn is
suffering where she wees. Any good ideas for making her wee round the
corner of the house away from the grass?

thanks
Biller

--
Biller

News==----

Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption

It's not that hard to train a dog to use the same spot -- is it an
"inside" dog? Just put her on a leash and take her out to the same spot
every time for awhile and she will automatically go there. Otherwise,
is it possible to build a run? I am no good at training dogs since my
life is chaotic and inconsistent but it's very easy to do for
disciplined people.

I *was* a vet tech.....I used to see something you could feed to them or
something that would neutralize the urine so it didn't kill the grass.
I don't know anything about it though. I honestly don't think this is
probably a good idea.

I'm mixing a little tomato juice in with their food. I have heard this from
several different ng's and I'll let you know if it works.
hc