Old 09-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Gareee©

Default We got tadpoles in our new pond! (considering Koi)

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
Koi like clay. I add some bentonite clay to my pond to give the koi a
facial. As for depth, most of the ponds in the Richmond VA area are less
than 2 feet deep and that is more than adequate. Just be sure to keep a
hole open in the surface during the winter, and not let the pond

completely
freeze over for more than a day.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check the local pet stores, to see if they
carry Koi. Not a whole lot of options up here.. I'm in the sticks.

Any idea if aquarium catfish would survive? We got a small on back in Nov,
and he's already 4 inches or more long. He's getting "jumpy" and we are a
little concerned about him managing to get out of the tank.

If I recall, catfish are very hardy, and will grow quite large given the
space.

--
Gareee©
Homepage: