Old 09-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Bamboo containment - was Testing the waters -- new pond or three in my future

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:36:33 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 07:13:01 -0700, RainLover
wrote:

I want to plant some bamboo here in GA, was planning to plant it in a
30-gallon plastic washtub separated from other plants by 4-5 feet in
all directions, do you think that setup is adequate to contain it?

Hmm... bamboo has been known to push into garages, and push through concrete
driveways... Hmmmm.....

Yabbut, my impression is that it exerts force seeking water sources,
I'm thinking that going sideways through an inert plastic wall it
would rather go up & over, where I'll see it. (That's how I "contain"
my Bermuda grass lawn.)

Or not... :-)

That's why I was asking the OP who seems to have some experience with
it.

Now I'm contemplating a double-walled 1/4" stainless steel drum with
hydrochloric acid in the void between the walls...and an electrified
mesh grid dome over the top so I can see the pretty plants.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."