Old 09-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Adrian

Default Good tree/shrub, long lasting for a first birthday

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:39:02 +1000, "Andrew G"
wrote:

Hi everyone.
I've heard of it, and I'm sure some of you here have done it.
Planting a tree/shrub etc on a childs first birthday.
We want to do it for our daughter, and while I can think of a few to use, I
am hoping someone has done it with the following needs:

There's a few species of Ginkgo Biloba that are about the right size /
growth habit, but I'm not sure about resistance to disease. Most
ginkgo will grow huge over hundreds of years, but there are quite a
few dwarf varieties.

Otherwise, not so interesting, but very practical: a bay tree!
They're slow growing, quite attractive, and always welcome in a winter
stew!

Cheers,
Adrian