Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Myrmecodia

Default English Ivy

"Jason Jones" wrote in message om...
I'm looking to use it as a ground cover. It got to be better than the
existing poison ivy and poison oak.

You'll regret it when it starts climbing! We just spent the better
part of a year ripping out ivy that a previous owner of our house put
in. Several trees were close to being completely smothered, and the
ivy was well on its way to covering our one-acre lot. Now that the
ivy is gone, wild orchids and solomon's seal are starting to reappear.

If you are in a wooded area, how about mulching to keep down the
poison ivy and then plant with woodland wildflowers?

Regards,

Nick