Old 09-06-2004, 07:14 PM
axeman chris

Default OT Education was new Harry Potter film

"Ka30P" wrote in message

We had a Compartive Religions class in my USA high school. Also a very

good
class, very small with only interested kids attending so it was an
easy/challenging class for the teacher to teach.
Nothing offered like that in my teen's high school today. Though they do

have
an alternative religions club.

As a Mom to 2 identified students I can tell you with certainty that

there
is no savings to be made in the area of special education.

Another subject near and dear to mine heart as the mother of a dyslexic

8th
grader. Though he has had excellent teachers, they are overwhelmed with

the
number and scope of all the students that come their way. Luckily I had

the
time, money and the skill (not being dyslexic myself) to supplement his
education. We could use triple the dollars for the programs and still need
more.

The other thing I noticed has changed is the whole second language issue.

We
started French in grade eight when I was in school in Canada. A Canadian
friend has her daughter starting in kindergarten. Here foreign language is
offered, Spanish only, as a supplemental class in middle school. All

college
bound students must have two years in high school.

kathy :-)

My eldest daughter is in JK this year & will be starting French Immersion
next fall in SK. It's an opportunity I wish I had had. However, I have 3
girls and I'm not going to have teenage daughters who can speak a language I
can't, so I'll be taking a French course myself in the near future.

Jacqui