Old 09-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] acer leaf clipping

Jim is right. Do take baby steps with baby trees.
Read how to devlope and maintain growth for a couple
of years or more. Then will give you the best
possible bonsai. Some of the seedlings I bought 15 to
20 years ago are getting close to being bonsai. I
worked on caliper then nebari. Now I am working to
get that wonderful branching pattern you see on the
trees in the Japanese magazines. I defoliated then
this year for the first time.

Kitsune Miko
--- Jim Lewis wrote:
Wow! I just got my first Acer the other day.

It's still a
baby. But I
never read anything about clipping leaves. Where

did you find
that
instruction?

Since it is "still a baby" I suggest you forget you
ever heard of
leaf stripping at least until it reaches late
adolescence.

Meanwhile, keep on reading; because I can't think of
a book on
bonsai that doesn't cover it in some detail.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -
Who suggests
that you can NOT learn bonsai on the Internet.

++++Sponsored, in part, by John
Quinn++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
Besides learning to see, there is another art to be learned -- not to see what is not

The eye that directs the needle in the delicate meshes of embroidery will equally well bisect a star with the spider web of the micrometer. M. Mitchell

We cannot take anything for granted, beyond the first mathematical formulae. Quetion everything else.

Maria Mitchell, scientist, astronomer, suffragette