Old 10-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Frogleg

Default snow pea problem...

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 04:28:11 GMT, "Craig"
wrote:

I have another problem I forgot to mention in my earlier post. I have snow
pod peas growing in a container on my deck. The plant was going well until
last few weeks. Now it seems to be getting yellow with leaves falling off
from the bottom moving up. It started only a inch or so and is now about 6
inches or so up the 30 inch or so plant. Almost seems like its dying bottom
up. Plant is still making flowers and pea pods, just harvested some today in
fact. Any idea what is happening? Is that normal? Maybe it's overwatered?

Staten Island, NY

Peas, incl. snowpeas, are 'cool weather' veg. Try planting some more
at the end of summer for a fall crop. Your peas are probably done for
the season.