Old 10-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Stew Corman

Default white things on my plant

"chaz" wrote in message ...
i have a small christmas tree like plant that has white webby looking things
in the branches. obviously a pest i just dont know what ?

chaz

I have had what I think is the same infestation for many years ..it
does not seem to hurt the ornamental evergreens. A mild spray of
Dursban gets rid of it, but they are in every nook and crany. The
leads of spider mite and spittlebug do NOT fit the description. What I
am looking at are very tiny pure white oval "fly specks" maybe 1/8
inch long, that are fuzzy around the edges ( no obvious legs, but
numerous "hairs") and congregate at crotches in shady places. At first
glance it looks like lichen growing, but on closer examination ,
individual bugs are evident.

Any more reference would be appreciated.

TIA,
Stew Corman