Old 10-06-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Wonderful world of Herons....

We have those at our local National Wildlife refuge about a mile from our
home. There is one blue/gray Heron that hangs around the fishing piers.
The old-timers out there have named him. Whenever he sees a fisherman he
stands about 20 feet away waiting for a handout. They throw him a fish..he
catches it and GULP..GULP..down his long throat or flies across the water to
his roost. They are like Jurassic creatures.........the sounds they make
could be right out of Jurassic Park. MIKE
"Ka30P" wrote in message

Hey Sam!
Three species, you need to start a life list of birds! They are

fascinating
critters. Hard on folks who are attached to their fish... ;-)

kathy :-)