Old 10-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Gary Woods

Default Bok Choy problem

"JRYezierski" wrote:

Why does my bok-choy bolt on me.I have had this problem everytime I plant
it.It gets to about 8'tall than it starts to bolt/flower.

Plant it in late summer... most varieties will bolt if spring planted;
certainly the one I grow from seed given me by a Chinese lady does. I grow
some for seed in the spring. My "eating" planting goes in early-late
August; it's _very_ frost hardy.

Interestingly enough, stray seed from last year's seed crop gets an early
enough start that I get a decent sized head before it bolts in early
summer. I may just plant some on the snow as works with lettuce...