Old 10-06-2004, 08:11 PM

Default Onion bags to hold bio media?

I get the cheap white ones....one I have that my pump basket is in is over 5
years old. They turn green anyway.....{:O) MIKE
"Lee B." wrote in message
I usually buy the mesh laundry bags at WalMart; they're 2' x 3' and are

less
than $5.00. If you can find the black ones, or the dark green ones,

they're
the easiest to "hide". The others have a tendency to stay bright. As far

as
onion bags are concerned, it depends: some of them will work, and some are
biodegradable (which WON'T work!) The laundry bags are a tad larger than
what is usually sold for media bags (at twice the money!). If they're too
large, just fold them over! I've got some that still look new after 3

years
of constant use, so it's worth the $$.

Lee

"Webfoot" wrote in message
Hi
I been lurking here for several years but this is the first time my
question hansen't been answered by just reading the posts.

I plan on going to the dollar store to buy various kinds of bio media.
I want to put this in mesh bags of some sort to make it easier to
clean. Will the red mesh bags that you buy onions in at the grocery
store work? I don't want to have a pond full of red fibers next month.

Thanks
Russell Mack