Old 10-06-2004, 11:06 PM

Default Thrips (was Help! What is this??)

In article , Kelly Garner wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
-=-=-=-=-=-
also excellent( and Non-toxic) for thrips (another problem I had with tomato plants
curling at the top growth)

I have tomato leaves in my front yard which are curling at the older leaves - the
tomatoes in the backyard are doing fine. Can thrips be easily identified?

I was nearly certain this was either a calcium deficiency (applied fertilizer and
some lime, no change there [about 3 days ago]) or tomato leaf roll (see
http://gardenline.usask.ca/pests/tomato.html for more info). I've always watered
them regularly every few days and not unevenly. Anyone else have suggestions?

You may be watering too frequently unless these are in a container. I
water each plant 3-5 gallons per week where we don't get an inch of rain.

It could be wilt. Generally nothing can be done about that and the
plant will probably die.

Cheers
KJ

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.