Old 11-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Neil Jones

Default Light Deprivation from over grown trees

"Collingwood" wrote in
message s.com...
I have been in contact again with the council and they will only do
something with the trees if they affected the structure of my home,
unfortunately they don't. They also confirmed that there is no law

that
states you have a right to light, espcally if the trees were there
before you were. Also the Anti Social Behaviour act is yet to be

passed
and still may not be so, therefore very little chance of any action at
all.

I even spoke to Citizens Advice who said there was nothing I could do
except move.

Thanks to those how made suggestions.

It would be a lot of work, but you can cut off all the roots of the
trees which are on your land (ie cut them at your boundary). That will
at least help reduce the amount you are feeding and watering the
council's trees.

Neil