Old 11-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Mike Patterson

Default do frogs cry at night? (j)

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:32:40 -0700, joe wrote:

On 6/10/04 4:45 PM, "Snooze" wrote:

"kilroy bass" wrote in message
om...
i live in florida and it had been raining this past week.

each night, as i head to bed, i would hear these annoying loud cries.
i came out to investigate and saw frogs near my pond. tiny yellowish

ones.
i think there are more, and the noise is really freaking annoying and

loud.

my question is:

a) anyone with the same experience?
b) do frogs cry this loud at night?
c) and what are measures to get rid of the frogs?

i've got neighbors and, although they haven't said anything, i'm sure
they're wondering where this nightly noise is coming from.

Don't worry at the rate that amphibians are going extinct or dying off,
there won't be any frogs left in north america in the near future. Serves
those slimy critters right for not being cute and fury.

It's not like anyone believes those crazy tree huggers that increased rates
of mutated frogs is a warning sign of increased pollution levels, UV
radiation or other changes in the environment. We ponders know that frogs
are loud and annoying, and welcome their rapid extinction.

If the noise from the frogs increase, just spray pesticide concentrate
around the pond, so when the frogs come, they'll die from the pesticide. Do
your part to save this country from slimy amphibians, then you can enjoy a
quiet evening by the pond with no frogs or bugs.

Snooze

Hey Snooze,

You could be on Rush's radio show!

Joe Global warming is a myth too.

Oh, it's not a myth, it's been warming for about 13,000 years now,
since the last ice age.
http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.co...s/Ice_Age.html

There were several cycles before that in which the earth got warmer,
cooler, warmer, cooler, etc.

Of course, we -humans- are responsible -this- time around... most
especially the USA, as we are the root of all evil, Chernobyl aside.
No one else pollutes or uses resources at all.

Looong before the "recent" ice age cycles, there pretty much weren't
any polar ice caps, the average global temp was much higher than now,
the central part of the current USA was underwater, as was present-day
Florida. This lasted several tens of millions of years.

Our current accelerated warming trend has lasted a couple of hundred
years. Judging from previous cycles, it's going to get a lot hotter.

Articles like this crack me up.
http://www.nsc.org/ehc/minute/em971128.htm
Let's see, the sun is getting hotter and has been for some time. The
earth is getting hotter too. Well, the two together could obviously be
a problem. (Does anyone else catch the irony here?)

I wonder if the dinosaurs ever convinced themselves that they were the
cause of global cooling...

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."