Old 25-01-2003, 01:48 AM
sandra

Default Fish abuse?

part of the answer depends on how cold it gets and how little the fish are
(be sure to acclimate them to the water temp change of course). I have a
'feeder' goldfish that I saved during mild weather a few yrs ago. He was a
couple inches long and was fat by winter and lived fine with pond water
temps in 40's. My .10 feeder fish probably was a cross between a common
goldfish and a fancy one as he is plump but short in body after 3 yrs. Doing
fine this winter too. I have to say that out of the original 10 feeder fish,
I only had three survivors (two given away since). They are not typically
healthy due to the conditions raised/kept in so dont feel bad if they dont
make it.
sandra
p.s. It is a good thing to try and save those guys if you want to. I try to
avoid looking at that tank when visiting my LFS.

"jammer" wrote in message
news
If i took 2 lucky feeder goldfish from a pet store, (they would surely
be eaten or live in a little WARM bowl) and placed them in a 4X2 ft
home with plants and bugs and everything, and it got real COLD, would
they still be LUCKY gold fish?

I feel like i am abusing them. How dumb, i know.....
jammer