Old 25-01-2003, 02:00 AM
jammer

Default Fish abuse?

I haven't seen mine floating yet and i think when it warms up i will
try feeding them. They have been in there since september without
food, but they were twice thier original size when i last caught a
glimpse of them. I wish they weren't afraid of me. I figure if they
can make it through the teens, they will do ok in future years. I was
cold last night when i wrote that and i was thinking first i was glad
to have a house and second i hoped the fish weren't miserable. If they
die i will probably just get a couple skeeter eaters next spring.
Thanks

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:48:41 -0800, "sandra" wrote:

part of the answer depends on how cold it gets and how little the fish are
(be sure to acclimate them to the water temp change of course). I have a
'feeder' goldfish that I saved during mild weather a few yrs ago. He was a
couple inches long and was fat by winter and lived fine with pond water
temps in 40's. My .10 feeder fish probably was a cross between a common
goldfish and a fancy one as he is plump but short in body after 3 yrs. Doing
fine this winter too. I have to say that out of the original 10 feeder fish,
I only had three survivors (two given away since). They are not typically
healthy due to the conditions raised/kept in so dont feel bad if they dont
make it.
sandra
p.s. It is a good thing to try and save those guys if you want to. I try to
avoid looking at that tank when visiting my LFS.

"jammer" wrote in message
news
If i took 2 lucky feeder goldfish from a pet store, (they would surely
be eaten or live in a little WARM bowl) and placed them in a 4X2 ft
home with plants and bugs and everything, and it got real COLD, would
they still be LUCKY gold fish?

I feel like i am abusing them. How dumb, i know.....
jammer

jammer