Old 11-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Gail Futoran

Default Yellowing Leafs

"Ron" wrote
[snip]
As far a watering, We live in Michigan. The weather here

lately has
been almost monsoon. It has rained almost 8.5 inches this

past May (a
State record by the way) and it has rained 6 out of the

past 10 days
this month.

That could well account for the yellowing leaves
and blackspot. I personally wouldn't try
anything heroic (can often make things worse)
but wait until weather dries out/warms up a
bit, and see how the roses do. They're typically
rather hardy (but don't ask me how many I've
killed off!).

The few days that it hasen't rained it has been in the
mid 90's but like last night it dropped into the lower

50's and it was
rainy and 65 today.

As far as drainage, the bed is on top of an approx. 2 foot

hill so I
know that water isn't just standing

Sounds reasonable.

but I do also know that the wife
is watering all of her plants (how often I don't know).

If your soil is the type that holds water well (clay),
it might be she's overwatering a bit.

I will see her this weekend (we work opposit shifts) and

ask her some
questions about what she is doing.

thanks again,
Ron