Old 11-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Al Reid

Default Rabbits

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...
You will sometimes see circles of chicken wire in my yard to ward off rabbits
that have taken a liking to some of my plants. (The veggie garden is fenced.)
For non-edibles, Ro-Pel spray will also work, but needs to be repeated after a
good rain.

Homemade pepper spray works pretty well too, but in years of
heavy infestation, I resort to a pellet gun. At first, I just
pump it enough to sting and hope to scare them off. If they're
too stupid to catch on, I occasionally shoot to kill.

The other day, we had 5 full grown ones cavorting in our (small)
front yard. First time in several years we've had that many.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Larry,

Do you think that would work for groundhogs? I'm overrun with them. They seem to be either too stupid or territorial to take any
of the hints I've given them. Not supposed to discharge a firearm in my community.

They were such a problem that I had to drive wooden stakes (a good use for those wood scraps I haven't turned into sawdust) every
couple of inches around the perimeter of my garden to keep them from going under the fence.

Perhaps someone on alt.food.barbecue has a good recipe.

--
Al Reid

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know
for sure that just ain't so." --- Mark Twain