Old 12-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Larry Blanchard

Default Rabbits

In article ,
says...
Do you think that would work for groundhogs? I'm overrun with them. They seem to be either too stupid or territorial to take any
of the hints I've given them. Not supposed to discharge a firearm in my community.

Usually that includes pellet/BB guns but if you don't have a
softhearted neighbor, they're usually quiet enough not to
attract attention. I try not to wave the rifle around for all
to see :-).

My veggie garden is a small one in raised beds and I've put 24"
fencing around each bed and spread bird netting over the top
when things are small. So I have no problem there. But the
little rascals are eating our flower beds to the ground. And
they seem to prefer blooms. The other day they ate about 100
flowers in a bed of sea thrift.

Perhaps someone on alt.food.barbecue has a good recipe.

I don't remember eating one, but when I grew up in the South
they were considered tasty. IIRC, there are a couple of scent
glands you have to remove before cooking (without puncturing
them).

Good luck!

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?