Old 12-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Layne

Default Japanese Maple Advice?

I'm not an expert, but I'd think the plant is so stressed that maybe
you should wait a while and try to nurse it back to health in the pot
first before planting or repotting as doing such puts stress on the
already stressed plant.

Layne

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:35:31 -0700, Lilly wrote:

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone might have some wisdom for me regarding a
poor lone Japanese Maple in a pot? I inherited it when I moved into
this house as the previous tenants have left it behind. Poor thing has
one rickety "stem," about 8 leaves, and just looks awful. What can I
do for it? I was thinking of planting it in the ground, although I've
never planted one before. Any ideas or special recommendations for me
before I launch into a google research expedition?
Thanks!

~Lilly

"I am not afraid. As a matter of fact, this is one of the
more pleasant evenings I have spent in the catacombs."
-Jeanne St. Remy de Valois-