Old 12-06-2004, 05:03 PM
John McGaw

Default What Cicadas?

"BroJack" wrote in message
news.com...
My State was supposed to be hit hard, but I've seen only one on my
property and no others in the immediate area.

The folks who predict cicada invasions are no more accurate than the
peeps who forecast weather.

Jack

The brood seems to be highly localized in my area. At a friend's house the
other day I found every plant and building comvered with them and the ground
looked like some maniac had been busily drilling holes in the ground
everywhere. Six miles away at my house there hasn't been any sign of them. A
couple of weeks ago I was driving around in the Miata with the top down and
noticed that the sound came and went in small pockets and even 200 yards
away it might be silent while the current location sounded like thousands of
dentist's drills.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]