Old 12-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Roxjohn

Default what kind of grass have we here?

Definitely crabgrass. If you use a weed & feed in the spring, about
mid-march (a good one, like Scotts) it will keep the crabgrass from
sprouting for about 3 months. Then you can either apply again to keep
the crabgrass down (or use one with less nitrogen for mid-summer), or
something that just keeps seeds from sprouting (I've read corn gluten
will work, which I think can be purchased online or from a garden supply
like Southern States). We used a weed & feed this spring and don't have
NEAR the crabgrass we had last year and didn't even apply a second time,
so it really helps!

ncstockguy wrote:
Would appreciate input from you grass experts. This is a bluish-green
grass coming up in bare spots in the mostly fescue lawn. There is
some bermuda in places, but I am not sure this is bermuda. Don't seem
to be any runners in these patches. photo is here
http://www.farmphoto.com/photography...+of+grass% 3F