Old 12-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Roxjohn

Default what kind of grass have we here?

Might be nice looking but crabgrass will eventually crowd out your good
grass because it is more aggressive and grows faster in the heat than
fescue. Then it is an annual sprouting yearly from 50,000 seeds PER
PLANT so it leaves dead places in your yard where it took over during
the summer that it will fill with even more crabgrass the next year.

Eileen Gregory wrote:
It's a nice looking grass, good to have some diversity.
Eileen

ncstockguy wrote:

Would appreciate input from you grass experts. This is a bluish-green
grass coming up in bare spots in the mostly fescue lawn. There is
some bermuda in places, but I am not sure this is bermuda. Don't seem
to be any runners in these patches. photo is here
http://www.farmphoto.com/photography...+of+grass% 3F